PDA

View Full Version : -no subject-

Claudia Alves 439
07-10-1995, 03:01 AM
Dear all

Some time ago I posted the following message:

~~~

Hello everybody!

In first place I want to apologize for having sent by mistake a previous message about a search.

I would like to know if there is any database available with kinematics
data of the lower limb, specially the foot, during the gait.
I have no way to measure kinematics and I need to supply a model with
these data.
As usual I will post the answers.

Thank You

Claudia Oitaven

~~~

And here are the responses to my post:

1)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 10:11:50 -0500
To: Claudia Alves 439
From: dwight@ht.com (Dwight Meglan)
Subject: Re: Kinematics database

Hi Caludia,

>I would like to know if there is any database available with kinematics
>data of the lower limb, specially the foot, during the gait.
>I have no way to measure kinematics and I need to supply a model with
>these data.

You will find some sample kinematics data for gait along a bunch of
software (binaries and source code plus documentation) on
magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu under /pub/gaitlab This is all stuff that I did
while at the Ohio State University Gait Lab and at the Orthopaedic
Biomechanics Lab at Mayo Clinic. FTP all the stuff in that directory and
look it over and then feel free to email me with questions.

I am no longer actively working in gait analysis so I can't provide you
with anymore than what is already there, but depending on your needs it may
be enough already.

--dwight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dwight Meglan, PhD | Developers of complete surgery simulation
Engineering Coordinator | training systems and surgery simulation
High Techsplanations, Inc. | creation software tools
6001 Montrose Rd., Suite 902
Rockville, MD 20852-4874 | "Witty, yet erudite saying goes here..."
301 984 3706 x38 |
301 984 2104 : FAX |
dwight@ht.com |

2)
>From labmov@LAB01.SARAH.BR Wed Jun 7 22:33 WET 1995

Prezada Claudia

E' bom poder comunicar-se em nossa propria lingua de vez em quando, nao?
Voce pode encontrar dados cinematicos (e tambem dinamicos e EMG),
bem completos, em:

Winter, David
The Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Gait:
Normal, Elderly, Pathological
2nd Edition - University of Waterloo Press, 1991

Espero que voce tambem encontre dados em forma digital :-)

PS: Que tal, estao gostando do Itamar Franco??

Saudacoes,

Haroldo

Jose Haroldo de Assis Cavalcante SMHS 501 "A"
Engenheiro Eletronico 70.330-150

Laboratorio de Movimento Brasilia-DF
Hospital SARAH

(061) 319-1440 (voz)
(061) 319-1447 (fax)
E-mail: haroldo@lab01.sarah.br

3)
>From DanI945@aol.com Mon Jun 12 11:10 WET 1995

Not sure of your posting on Kinematic database. We at motion analysis
corporation have data on Children 1-18 yrs on gait analysis. Please let me
know.

Dan India

DanI945@aol.com

~~~~