PDA

View Full Version : Re: POSITIVE work in cyclic motion

Paolo De Leva - Sport Biomechanics, Rome,italy
09-05-1995, 03:15 AM
Dear subscribers,

after spending an entire Sunday for writing my latest
message, I feel it difficult not to react with dismay to some of Craig
Nevin's statements. Craig didn't understand at all my point.
He just repeated the same mistakes against which I wrote.

Are there any other subscribers who want to defend Newton?
I quit. I feel I have already done more than I should.

Craig Nevin wrote:

> The _water_ has not displaced but individual molecules
>have. You therefore you have to consider whether the swimmer is doing
>work on the homogeneous _water_ or on the water molecules! The work
>done on the _water_ is zero because it has not displaced (except for
>that splashed out of the pool, of course ;-). However, this IS
>measureable as a displacement of the weight.

The work done