PDA

View Full Version : Re: Good Laboratory Practice

Tochi Omenukor
12-06-1995, 08:12 AM
dear luca:

my colleague and i are in the process of writing up a laboratory
biosafety manual as part of a human tissue mechanics graduate level course
here at queen's university at kingston, ontario.

prior to this, we discovered that laboratory guidelines tend to be based
mainly on word of mouth or oral traditions, repeated from one generation
of instructor and technicians to several generations of students and
laboratory investigators. this situation applied to both hospital and
university laboratories; what there was that was written was generally
antiquated or vaguely relevant. we also discovered that there was a
general agreement that the written document was long overdue, but no one
had gotten around to doing it!

interestingly enough, our secondary research - electronically and
otherwise - did not show any directly relevant literature being
available elsewhere. we would like to believe that this does not indicate
that the material is absolutely unavailable; most likely, that it is not
easily accessible.

we shall be interested in more responses to this issue.

tochi