View Full Version : Re: Info. on HNC mechanical engineerng

Tochi Omenukor
12-16-1995, 08:04 AM
hi timothy:

it means "higher national certificate", and is usually awarded by
polytechnics and colleges of technology. in the country of award [the
united kingdom and some commonwealth countries], it is equivalent to an
undergraduate [bachelor's] degree.

another variant of the same qualification is the "higher national
diploma" [hnd].

i hope this helps!

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Timothy L. Foutz wrote:

> I am reviewing resumes for a engineerng position and one person
> has listed "H.N.C. mechanical engineering" under the education
> category. Can anyone help me to interpret what that is?
> Thanks
> Tim Foutz
> tfoutz@bae.uga.edu