PDA

View Full Version : summary MODEL OF FOOT

jdura65
04-24-1996, 07:11 PM
This is the summary of answers. My original question was:
>Hi, all
>I am looking for any reference about model of foot that divides
>the foot in two parts at least: rearfoot and forefoot.
> I am interested in principal axis, inertia momens and
> centers of gravity

************************************
Date sent: Thu, 29 Feb 96 22:45:01 EST
From: Richard.Smith@cchs.su.EDU.AU (Richard Smith)
Subject: Re: MODEL OF FOOT

Dear Juan,
I'm sure there are models about. The Motion Analysis Corporation
market a software package called FootTrak-3D or some such name and
there must be institutions using it and other models. We are
developing our own here but not far enough to be of any use yet. I
would be interested in what you find.
Date sent: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:14:16 +0200
From: dieter rosenbaum

You might want to look at Melvin Jahss' book on "Disorders
of the foot and ankle" (published by W.B:Saunders Co., 1991).
It contains chapter 16 "Modelling of the foot and ankle"
written by Allard, Stokes, Salathi and An.

Furthermore, M.M.Morlock has developed a foot model for his
PhD thesis. You could contact him at the University of Hamburg
Harburg .

I hope this helped a little.

Hasta luego,

Dieter...

Date sent: Mon, 26 Feb 96 21:10:22 -0800
From: clay@soleus.ath.utexas.edu (clay anderson)
To: jvdura@ibv.upv.es
Subject: Foot

I have struggled with the same issues as you regarding the foot. I am
working with Marcus G. Pandy at the University of Texas developing a
3-D gait model which incorporates a two segment foot comprised of a
hindfoot and a forefoot. For the directions of the axes I consulted
V.T. Inman's bootk "The Joints of the Ankle". It was published in
1976 I believe by Williams & Wilkins Company, Baltimore. For the
Inertial properties, I used my own foot with tennis shoe to extract a
number of vertices describing the surface of the foot. I then used
these vertices to construct a volume of the foot and numerically
integrated over that volume to determine the mass, center of mass, and
inertia matrix. Although my foot is rather crude, I have been pleased
with its behavior in our direct dynamics models. I am however having
some difficulties with some inverse kinematics issues concerning the 2
DOF ankle joint. I have not published my work yet (Dissertation
should be complete in about 9 months), but would be happy to discuss
my foot further with you if you are interested.

Frank C. Anderson
(clay@soleus.ath.utexas.edu)
Date sent: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:32:24 -0500
From: HowieDBPG@aol.com
To: jvdura@ibv.upv.es, BIOMCH-L@hearn.nic.surfnet.nl

Finn-Bosjen Moller has published a series of articles in the Journal
of Anatomy regarding the two axis foot. I believe that these where in
1978-9.
He actually described a medial and lateral component which actually
slide
during gait. His papers will provide fascinating insite into foot
mechanics and self bracing.

Regards,
Howard J. Dananberg, DPM