PDA

View Full Version : Computational Medicine book - Call for Help

Herman J. Woltring
06-10-1991, 02:06 PM
Dear Biomch-L readers,

The following Call for Help might, perhaps, find some interested readers
on this list -- Regards, HJW.
Date: Fri, 24 May 91 09:40:17 CDT
Sender: MEDNETS Medical Telecommunications Networks

From: mwitten@CERBERUS.CHPC.UTEXAS.EDU
Subject: REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Dear Reader:

I am writing this note to sollicit reprints/preprints for a book that I
am writing. The book is called Frankenstein In The Machine (Pergamon
Press). It is aimed at being a comprehensive study of the role of
high performance computing in medicine/biology/dentistry/allied health
sciences. The book is in its final stages of organization. I am trying
to make the book relatively comprehensive. I am looking for the following
items:

(1) Color pictures/black and white graphics (slides/prints) of actual
results. Some areas are
-medical imaging
-molecular visualization
-simulation visualization
-microscopy
-medical visualization
but are not limited to these areas. I will make copies of anything
sent to me and gladly return it to you. In addition, I will
acknowledge all figures used in the book. If you send pictures, please
include appropriate citation/legend

(2) Copies of reprints/preprints in the area of computational medicine,
dentistry, veterinary medicine, and allied health sciences. Areas
include, not exclusively,
-computational physiology and metabolism
-computational pharmacology, pharmacodynamics, drug design
-computational chemistry
-demography, epidemiology, and statistics/biostatistics
-disease modeling
-cell biology
-radiology
-surgery
-cardiology
==> -renal function, brain modeling, neurophysiology, bone modeling
==> joint modeling
-issues in teaching

(3)Names and addresses of individuals working in areas related to the
above and who might be interested in contributing to it.

I am trying to make this as complete a book as possible and do not
wish to commit the faux pas of forgetting someone, if at all possible.
Please feel free to circulate copies of this note, to repost copies of
this note, and to discuss the book with others. I am setting an end
of July 1991 target for receipt of materials. However, I am willing to
be flexible if necessary. If you are interested in being kept informed
about this project, please also let me know.

My contact information is below. Please feel free to contact me if you
have any further questions.

Matthew Witten, Ph.D.
Director, Applications Research & Development
Associate Director,
UT System Center For High Performance Computing
Balcones Research Center, 1.154 CMS
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758-4497 USA

Phone: (512) 471-2472 FAX: (512) 471-2445/2449

E-MAIL MWITTEN@HERMES.CHPC.UTEXAS.EDU
or
MWITTEN@UTCHPC.BITNET