PDA

View Full Version : Re: your mail

Nneka Tochi Omenukor
07-28-1996, 09:23 PM
dear subscribers:

here are the results i got in re my request for assistance. they follow
my original post. cheers!

tochi

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:25:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kim Parker
To: nneka tochi omenukor
Subject: re:fea of afo

hi - here is a list of a couple of articles i have come across

Chu,T., and Reddy, N.P., Stress distribution in the ankle-foot orthosis
used to correct pathological gait, J. of Rehabilitation Research and
Development, 32(4), nov. 95 p349-360

Chu, T., Reddy, NP and Padovan J, Three dimensional fe stress analysis of
the polypropylene, afo: static analysis, Med Eng Phys 17(5) p373-379, 1995

Leone D. et al, Structural Analysis of Solid afo's, Proceedings of the
14th annual northeast bioengineering conference, march 10-11, 1988

mat'l testing articles

Lunsford T. et al, Viscoelastic properties of plastic pediatric afos,
Journal of prosthetics and orthotics 6(1), winter 1994

- i know of few other articles but this should get you going- other areas
to investigate are RESNA conference proceedings- Journal of Prosthetics
and orthotics, Orthotics and Prosthetics ect.

Granata C. De Lollis, A. et al. Analysis, design and development of a
carbon fibre reinforced plastic kafo prototype for myopathic patients,
Proceedings of the Institiution of Mechanical engineering Part H- Journal
of Engineering in medicine 204(2) pg 91-96, 1990

Kim Parker
Bloorview MacMillan Rehabiliation Centre, Toronto
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:25:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Nat Ordway
To: nneka tochi omenukor
Subject: FEA of orthoses

Tochi,
Check the latest Journal of Rehab. Res. & Development (July, Vol 33, No. 3),
there are a number of articles on this very subject. In addition you will
probably be able to acquire some good keywords for further search efforts.
Good luck.

Nat Ordway, MS
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
SUNY Health Science Center (315) 464-6462 -->voice
750 E. Adams St (315) 464-6638 -->fax
Syracuse, New York 13210 ordwayn@vax.cs.hscsyr.edu -->email
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:31:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Paul B. Chang"
To: 5nto@qlink.queensu.ca
Subject: References

Check out the book by Peter Walker. I don't remember the title but it's
something like Human joints and their artificial replacements.