PDA

View Full Version : RE: Motor Control (and Biomechanics)

Herman J. Woltring
07-04-1991, 10:01 AM
> Date: Thu, 4 Jul 91 12:53:55 CET
> From: "R. Wollny"
> Subject: motor control
>
> In my dissertation I am concerned with the following fields of psychological
> knowledge:
> Complex Motor Behavior - Control and Learning in Sports and Everydaylife.
> In this contex I am very interested in news and experimental researches
> (since 1986) about motor control structures like:
> - Central motor programs
> - Central pattern generators (Grillner)
> - Coordination Structures (Turvey, Kugler, Reed, Whiting)
> - General motor programs (GMP-Theory) from Schmidt, R.A.
> - Impulse-Timing Model
> - Mass-Spring Model (Asatryan/Fel'dman)
> - Equilibrium point (Fel'dman)
> - Theory of action (Kugler, Turvey, Reed, Whiting)
> - Motorik-Schemata (Munzert)
> - Basic neurophysiology of motor skills
> - Neurochemical foundations of motor control
>
> Thank You, Rainer Wollny

Dear Biomch-L readers,

The above statement about "psychological knowledge" is intriguing, in my mind,
since the author is concerned with both `simple' mechanical models like Mass-
Spring Models and `purely' psychological models. What about more complex
Biomechanical Models? A useful handbook is:

Jack M. Winters & Savio L-Y. Woo (Eds)
Multiple Muscle Systems -- Biomechanics and Movement Organization
Springer 1990, xx + 802 pp.
ISBN 0-387-97307-9 (New York etc.), 3-540-97307-9 (Berlin etc.)

Herman J. Woltring, Eindhoven/NL