PDA

View Full Version : Mice and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Herman J. Woltring
08-27-1991, 09:12 PM
Dear Biomch-L readers,

The item below was received from the C+HEALTH list a few minutes ago. It
seems also useful for our list. If you have a comment, please post it to
Biomch-L with a copy to Andrew Ross.

Regards -- Herman J. Woltring.

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1991 17:25:28 EDT
From: ROSSAM@DUPR.OCS.DREXEL.EDU
Subject: Mice and RSI
Sender: Computing and Health

Hello,

I am a Macintosh user who has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel
syndrome. My right wrist hurts more than my left wrist, which
leads me to suspect the mouse.

My question is: would alternative mice such as trackballs be
"better" for your wrists? I suppose so, since there would
be less wrist movement, but I'd like some advice/opinions.
--
Andrew Ross | U.S. Mail:
Internet: rossam@dupr.ocs.drexel.edu | 4301 Spruce Street, #A104