PDA

View Full Version : Re: Summary of normalizing gait

Willemer Claus
02-21-1997, 01:53 AM
Dear Members,
Thank You very much for Your responses. About one week ago I posted the
following mail:

>I would be very appreciated to receife informations or references about
>the ergonomics of chairs, and the design of the studies.
>Is it possible to ask: is this chair is better or more economic than
>another one? What are the citeries to say: this chair is better?
>How can I test, if one chair is better (EMG, pressure dstribution...)?
>Thank You very much, Sincerely Yours,
>Claus Willemer

Here are the responses:
I'm doctoral candidate researching about seating biomechanics and comfort
in Japan.
If you reach Biomch-L WWW site, you can search postings using keywords.
(http://www.kin.ucalgary.ca/isb/archives.html)
I recommend to input the word, "seating".
Then, you get many postings about the references.
Especially, posting of Mr. Patrick Eillis had a lot of good references
about the topics.

Akinari Hirao
Yamazaki & Maeno Laboratory.
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Keio University.
3-14-1, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 223, JAPAN
Tel.+81-45-563-1141 ext.3108 Fax.+81-45-563-5943
Internet:ahirao@mech.keio.ac.jp (Univ), MXI04275@niftyserve.or.jp (Home)
URL:http://www.yamazaki.mech.keio.ac.jp (Sorry, in Japanese)

From: "George Calisto"

Excellent question...one that needs to be addressed. Please
forward any worthwhile responses to me if you will.
George Calisto
Staff Ergo Engineer

From: kburton@cix.compulink.co.uk (Kim Burton)

It's a bit dated now, but try: Burton AK. Electromyography and
office chair design: a pilot study. Behaviour and Information
Technology 1984; 3: 353-357

Dr Kim Burton
Director, Spinal Research Unit
University of Huddersfield
30 Queen Street
Huddersfield HD1 2SP / UK
From: "Peter Hoogvliet"

Try Richard Goossens at Goossens@bnt.fgg.eur.nl he has a PhD in
chairs.

Peter Hoogvliet M.D.
Institute of Rehabilitation
Dept. of Biomedical Physics and Technology
Room 1626-A
Erasmus University
P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
The Netherlands
Telephone (int.): 31-10-4087388
Fax: 31-10-4363203

From: "Bridger, RS, Robert, Dr"
Send me your postal address and I'll send you reprints of some of
my work in this area>

Dr RS Bridger (bridger@anat.uct.ac.za)
Dept of Biomedical Engineering
UCT Medical School