PDA

View Full Version : Low cost goniometers

J.a.giacomin@sheffield.ac.uk
06-30-1997, 06:32 PM
Dear BIOMCH-L,

Please find below the responses to the question:

Can anyone suggest the names and telephone numbers of firms
operating in the United Kingdom which sell low cost universal
goniometers or gravity goniometers for measuring body postures
by hand ?"

Thank you for your suggestions.

J.Giacomin

Digital Biometer by RX Laboratory
Yours sincerely,

Dr Rami J Abboud, BEng, MSc, PhD
Lecturer in Orthopaedics & Trauma Surgery
Consultant Clinical BioEngineer
e-mail:rjabboud@its.dundee.ac.uk
Foot Pressure Analysis Lab
Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery Dept
Dundee Royal Infirmary
DD1 9ND
Scotland. UK.
tel:00-44-(0)1382-346619
fax:00-44-(0)1382-202460
I know ISOMED producing and selling antrophometric material and
incliniometers for goniometry (manual and elctronic for PC). I was
searching these goniometers. Their official adress is in USA but the
brother of the owner of the company is in Vienna - where I met him:
Mr. Alexander Gerhardt Riedstrasse, 20 A- 1140 Vienna. He speaks
english. If you contact him you can let him know that these
information comes from Brussels, he will be glad to hear that - I have
no other contact with him or ISOMED. Good luck in your search and
please let me know the result of your querry, I will wait a litte
while before ordering - who knows it could be you find another firm?

Paul Klein PhD
Université Libre de Bruxelles
ISEPK CP168
50, Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt
1050 Brussels, Belgium
phone: 32 2 650 2470
fax: 2473
e-mail: pklein@resul.ulb.ac.be
Date sent: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 9:18 GMT0
From: kburton@cix.co.uk (Kim Burton)
Subject: Re: Low cost goniometers and anthropometric
measurment devices

Try MIE Medical research Ltd., 6 Wortley Moor Road, Leeds LS12 4JF,
UK.
Date sent: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:04:23 +0100
From: "Dr. Malcolm Ellis"
measurment devices

We manufacture a clinical goniometer. For details, please look at our
web site.

Best Regards,
Malcolm.

Tel: +44 (0)113 2793 710
Fax: +44 (0)113 2310 820
www: http://www.mie-uk.com/index.htm
On goniometers I could only suggest you to contact Mr.
Dipl.-Ing Hanno Ernst from biovision, Marienbader Str. 14 a, D-61273
Wehrheim, Germany, FAX +49-6081-56882, e-mail
biovision.ernst@t-online.de. I find biovision has the most reliable
equipment in this subject. It is also possible to contact the motion
measurement company albavision at albavision@t-online.de - probably
they could also help you.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. med. Oskar Schmid
Director MOTION LAB

Dr.med. Oskar Schmid
Bewegungsanalyse - Motion Lab
Orthopaedische Universitaetsklinik Erlangen-Nuernberg
Rathsbergerstr. 57
D-91054 ERLANGEN - GERMANY
TEL : +49-9131-822-279
FAX : +49-9131-85-3565