PDA

View Full Version : Response for Muscle Architecture of Lat. Dorsi

pereira86
12-04-1997, 10:45 AM
Dear All, Last week I wrote :

> Dear all,
>
> would anyone have off hand any information on the muscle
> architecture(i.e. PCSA, fibre length, etc.) of the latissimus dorsi,
> or at
least where I can find such information. Thanks in advance.

Thanks again to all who responded. I got a good number of replies. In
summarising :

a) PCSA of the Latissimus dorsi could be found in the following
articles. These articles also had PCSA of other Shoulder muscles

Van der Helm F.C.T. and Veenbaas R. (1991): Modelling the mechanical
effect of muscles with large attachment sites: application to the
shoulder
mechanism. J Biomech, 24(12):1151-63

Veeger H.E.J., Van der Helm F.C.T., Van der Woude L.H.V., Pronk G.M. and
Rozendal R.H. (1991): Inertia and muscle contraction parameters for
musculoskeletal modelling of the shoulder mechanism. J Biomech,
24(7):615-629

Van der Helm F.C.T. (1994): A finite element musculoskeletal model of
the
shoulder mechanism. J Biomech, 27(5):551-569

Dan Karlsson and Bo Peterson (1992): Toward a model for force prediction
in the human shoulder. J Biomech, 25(2):189-199

Bassett R.W., Browne A.O., Morrey B.F., and An K.N. (1990): Glenohumeral
muscle force and moment mechanics in a position of shoulder instability.
Biomech, 23(5):405-415

Wood J.E., Meek S.G., and Jacobsen S.C. (1989): Quantitation of human
shoulder anatomy for prosthetic arm control- surface modelling. J
Biomech,
22(3):273-292

This was from yiwen chang[SMTP:chang.yiwen@mayo.edu]. Thanks to Dr.An
for forwarding the message.

Other information and replies recieved on the latissimus dorsi which
were useful and may be important to others are summarised below: