PDA

View Full Version : Re: cruising speed,entropy,efficiency

Slobodan Jaric
03-06-1998, 12:22 AM
At 4:19 PM 3/6/98, Wang Chengzhi wrote:
>Here is some thought in my mind.
> In spite of varied kinds of sports which he is practicing,
>everyone must
>move on this speed at the most time of his life.
> 1.Which kind of sport increase walking efficiency at most?
PROBABLY WALKING (COMPETITIVE ONE)!
> 2.In what age someone get his best walking efficiency?
PROBABLY YOUNG, ALTHOUGH STUDIES DO NOT DEMONSTRATE SIGNIFFICANT DROP IN
LATER AGES. THAT IS PARTLY EXPLAINED BY A GRADUAL CONVERSION OF FAST INTO
SLOW-TWITCH FIBERS IN LATER AGE.
> 3.What is relation between walking efficiency and weight?
BIOMECHANICAL SCALING (SEE MCMACHON'S BOOK "MUSCLES, REFLEXES AND
LOCOMOTION) DEMONSTRATE A DECREASE OF ENERGY EXPENDITURE PER WEIGHT UNIT
WITH INCREASE OF BODY SIZE.
> 4.In what speed someone get his best efficiency?
GENERALLY, THE INTERVAL FROM 1 TO 1.5 m/s HAS MINIMAL EXPENDITURE PER
DISTANCE TRAVELLED!
> 5.Which kind of sport maintain the best walking efficiency at the
>longest
>time of his life?
ACCORDING TO GENERAL RULE OF "TRAINING SPECIFICITY", PROBABLY WALKING
> 6.What is relation between health and walking efficiency?
I DON'T KNOW, BUT IT IS OBVIOUS THAT VARIOUS INJURIES, NEUROLOGICAL
PROBLEMS ETC. SHOULD DECREASE EFFICIENCY.
> 7.Is there anything wrong with our modern sports?(We have seen
>much news
>about athletes taking exhilarant. We have heard much news about injury and
>ill of athletes )
THE QUESTION IS TO GENERAL. ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES OFTEN CAUSE VARIOUS
INJURIES, BUT ALSO PREVEN OTHERS.
> I have two old kung fu teachers who are masters of fighting and
>health at
>the age of 70 or so.(They can easily win several younger and stronger men
>at the same time during fighting.)
I HAVE AN EXTENSIVE COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE IN KARATE AND I AM POSITIVE THAT
YOUR TEACHERS DO NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE AGAINST YOUNG AND, PROBABLY HEAVIER
COMPETITORS. SORRY TO DISSAPOINT YOU, BUT THEIR ONLY ADVANTAGE IS A
PSYCHOLOGICAL ONE, PARTICULARY DURING "KUMITE" WITH THEIR OWN STUDENTS AND
WITHIN THEIR OWN CLUB.
> The questions which I list above are the points on which I will
>start to
>study this kind of ancient Chinese sport scientifically.
> In order to slower the increasing entropy of our life, Is it right
>that we
>increase efficiency first by some kinds of sports?
> Will a complex moving system with efficiency principle in gravity turn
>into chaos and nonlinear?
> Tai chi and Ba Gua ( Chinese kung fu)are kinds of continuous nonlinear
>centrifugal force sports in human's body.
> It is said that scientist can not define the difference between
>centrifugal force field and universal gravitation!
> Wang Chengzhi
> Mar. 6th, 1998
>E_mail:baguamen@public1.tpt.tj.cn

Slobodan Jaric