PDA

View Full Version : Re: Fortran Compilers for Windows

jwalton86
10-08-1998, 07:59 AM
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Bradford Bennett wrote:

>Does anyone have any recommendations for Fortran compilers and math
>libraries for PC's which run in the Windows 95 environment?

Brad:

Check out the DEC web site ... www.digital.com/fortran/dvf

Microsoft sold their FORTRAN product to DEC some time ago.
What was Microsofts FORTRAN Powerstation ("Visual FORTRAN")
is now being marketed by DEC. The "old" (V 4.0) versions of
Powerstation will NOT work with the lastest version (V 6.0)
of Visual Studio (I can vouch for it :-) ), but DEC is about
to provide an updated version which will integrate with
current Microsoft development tools. BTW, The "old"
versions of Powerstation were supplied with the IMSL libraries.
I think DEC plans to provide these, but I'm not sure if
they will be sold as a stand-alone addition to the
compiler. You should be able to get questions answered
via the web-site--or by DEC directly.

If you're interested in "other" compilers ... FORTRAN 90,
FORTRAN 95, etc for command-line executables, there are
various manufacturers, but it sounded like you are
interested in a Windows GUI, and if that's the case, I
think the DEC/Microsoft route would be the best way
for you.

Good luck.

Jim WALTON
Chairman-Elect, SPIE Working Group on High-Speed Photography,
Videography and Photonics

* *
* 4D VIDEO CELEBRATED ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY ON OCTOBER 1 '98 *
* *
* * *
* JAMES S. WALTON, Ph.D. * INTERNET: Jim@4DVideo.com *
* President, 4D VIDEO * *
* 825 Gravenstein Hwy North * PHONE: 707/829-8883 *
* Suite #4 * *
* SEBASTOPOL, CA 95472 * FAX: 707/829-3527 *
* * *