PDA

View Full Version : Query from Brussels on MRI pictures

H.j. Woltring, Fax/tel +31.40.413 744
08-31-1992, 11:08 PM
Dear Biomch-L readers,

The following request was received this morning from a relatively recent
subscriber to Biomch-L. Since many new subscribers do not always realise
that they are free to post by themselves, I'd like to mention once again
(with apologies to our seasoned contributors) that *postings*, with a rele-
vant Subject: line so that others become sufficiently curious to read it,
can be sent to Biomch-L@hearn.bitnet or to its equivalent Internet address
Biomch-L@nic.surfnet.nl, while *administrative requests* (subscribe, signoff,
file retrieval, profile changes etc.) should be sent to ListServ@hearn.bitnet
or to ListServ@nic.surfnet.nl -- here, the Subject: line is irrelevant.

As regards Serge's request, I trust that he will summarize any replies
received from the readership and post this onto the list for the benefit
of other, interested readers. Note that the Biomch-L archives are public,
so even non-subscribers to our little forum (we just passed the 600 mark
for the first time a few days ago, albeit that about 5 % of us are on nomail
because of the holiday period or email reachability problems) will be able
to retrieve such postings.

Despite the above statistics and as said at previous occasions when numerical
landmarks were reached, the Biomch-L moderators do not wish to treat the
readership as mere numbers! In the words of the late Isaac Asimov as recalled
by heart: ``in a future world, every body has a number, only prisoners will
have names'' ...

With kind regards -- Herman J. Woltring

--------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Sep 92 9:33:43 MET
From: sintjans@ulb.ac.be
Subject: MRI Pictures
To: WOLTRING@NICI.KUN.NL
Dear Mr Woltring,

Can you send through BIOMCH-L the little following problem ?

Beforehand, thank you very much !!

Serge Van Sint Jan

Dear Readers,

I am doing a Ph.D. in biomechanics. On a PC, I try to
make 3D-reconstructions of 2D MRI pictures coming from a NMR
computer. The problem of the importation of the pictures has
almost been resolved. Now the 3D-reconstruction must start.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone having some
experience of this kind of problem ( 3D-reconstruction of
microscopic, CT-Scan or MRI slides ) and 3D-reconstruction
algorithms ( maybe with the source in Fortran or C !! ).

Thank you very much for any help !

* Serge Van Sint Jan *
* Department for Functional Anatomy *
* University of Brussels (ULB) *