PDA

View Full Version : Re: upgrading to a pentium w/ a VP110

Ms. Jennifer S. Barrett
01-15-2000, 02:07 AM
John,
Using a VP110 Video Processor with a Pentium 100 MHz computer or slower
does pose some direct problems. The Pentium 100 MHz computers were
the first on the market, notably, directly after the 486.
You stated in your message that you were using a 386--what Windows/MAC
operating system are you using? If you are using Win. 3.0/3.1 or a MAC
equal, the 386 may not (probably not) support your program or the video
processor you are trying to use. On another note, what you may try
toing is updating your PC's mother board--which means adding more memory
onto your PC. This, in turn, would help you out somewhat because it
would give your computer more capability to run the bigger and faster
programs.

Also, you might want to try looking on the net to see if there are any
"drivers" that you could download and install on your PC--these drivers
can be found on any shareware/freeware download site such as
Download.com, etc. You would need to look for drivers congruent with
your exact video card--the 110 model.

This is a start--if I can be of any more assistance please feel free to
email me-- JSB2121@cs.com.

Hope this works for you.