PDA

View Full Version : Fw: cartilage repair

Thorsten Rudroff
05-01-2000, 11:12 PM
----- Original Message -----
From: Thorsten Rudroff
To: orthopod@mailbase.ac.uk
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 3:11 PM
Subject: cartilage repair

Dear listmembers,

I have been following with great interest the internet symposium on cartilage repair in Sweden. Following are some comments from myself : The methods of Articular Cartilage Repair seem to consistently develop positively. What has come to my attention though is the lack of research concerning rehabilitation strategies. Patients are often advised not to bear weight on the joints for months at a time. I feel that this immobilisation is detremental to the rehabilitation progress.
How can functional rehabilitation support the articular cartilage repair ?
The function being that the joint is a weight bearing structure and therefore compression would be the right functional stimulus.
One last question : Are there any questionnaires which allow the documentation of the progress ?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

T. Rudroff
Munich,Germany