    From: IanThome@aol.com
    Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:48:55 EST
    Subject: What's out there today that could be the business of tomorrow ?
    To: Biomch-L@nic.surfnet.nl

    Many of the tools used by biomechanists and ergonomists today were parts of
    research programmes a few years ago - Vicon....electrogoniometers....cardiac
    monitors....footplates etc.,

    It took someone, perhaps with a different point of view to that of the
    academic groups that invented them, to spot the commercial potential,
    develop them for the market, and make them into the successful products and
    businesses that they are today.

    Having been successfully involved in this kind of activity in the past in
    the
    biomechanics, ergonomics and rehabilitation sectors I would welcome the
    opportunity to talk through your developments with you - what is out there?
    Where do you think it could go ?

    My possible interests are in electromechanical systems/sensors -
    unfortunately I don't think I could contribute much to a software only
    project....

    Ian Thomas BSc., PhD
    10 Mandinam Park, Swansea, UK SA2 7AW.
    Tel +44 1792 296 552