Determining Joint Centers (was Re: upper torso modelling)

  • Determining Joint Centers (was Re: upper torso modelling)

    Rather than estimate the positions of the joint centers from
    anatomical landmarks, use the marker motions to estimate the
    positions of the joint centers. I would suggest looking at this recent
    work:
    O'Brien, J. F., Bodenheimer, B. E., Brostow, G. J., Hodgins, J. K.,
    "Automatic Joint Parameter Estimation from Magnetic Motion Capture
    Data." Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2000, Montreal, Quebec,
    Canada, May 15-17, pp. 53-60.

    A copy of the paper can be downloaded from
    http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/gvu/people/student/James.F.OBrien.html/