(ERRATA CORRIGE): Announcement: new release of the Multimod DataManager

  • (ERRATA CORRIGE): Announcement: new release of the Multimod DataManager

    I want to apologise with all those users that tried to download the
    Data Manager immediately after my announcement of yesterday. due to
    a material error, the release we placed on the server was compiled
    with debug option, and thus requested a Visual C library installed to
    run. Also in some cases the self-extracting archive gave problems.
    Last but not least, only one example dataset was made available.

    If you download the Data Manager now you get a release that run
    without the need of the debug library, compressed as a standard .zip
    archive, and with three example data sets.
    http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/DataManager/DataManager_v1b2.zip

    Those who are really interested should subscribe to the BEL_Community
    forum, where we shall start next week to post tutorials on the
    program.
    http://www.tecno.ior.it/VRLAB/

    Regards and apologies

    Marco

    >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:10:06 +0200
    >To: BEL_Community@yahoogroups.com, biomch-l@hearn.nic.surfnet.nl
    >From: Marco Viceconti
    >Subject: Announcement: new release of the Multimod Data Manager
    >Cc: MULTIMOD_ADMIN@LIST.CINECA.IT
    >Bcc:
    >Sorry for cross-posting
    >
    >Today the Multimod Consortium released the final beta release of the
    >Multimod Data Manager.
    >http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/DataManager/dm_home.html
    >
    >This program, currently in the beta testing phase, is aimed to:
    >- import the disparate data used in bioengineering modelling, i.e.
    >3D surfaces, motion data, digital diagnostic images, finite element
    >models
    >
    >- fuse these data into a consistent representation of the study
    >target by registration and synchronisation operations
    >
    >- visualise these data with disparate views integrated to form a
    >consistent examination of the study target, using a visualisation
    >paradigm called multimodal display
    >
    >- modify the various data in order to simulate surgical, clinical,
    >or simply investigative modifications by mean of wide list of
    >available operations
    >
    >The program is currently poorly documented, and some bugs are still
    >open. However, it already provides an unparalleled environment to
    >combine and to visualise biomechanics data.
    >
    >The program is distributed as a freeware for no-profit use. If you
    >are interested in the developments of the Data Manager we suggest
    >you subscribe to the BEL Community, within which the Data Manager
    >user community is being established.
    >http://www.tecno.ior.it/VRLAB/
    >

    >Regards
    >
    >Marco Viceconti
    >on behalf of the Multimod Consortium
    >http://www.tecno.ior.it/multimod/
    >
    >--
    >MARCO VICECONTI, PhD (viceconti@tecno.ior.it)
    >Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica tel. 39-051-6366865
    >Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli fax.
    >39-051-6366863
    >via di barbiano 1/10, 40136 - Bologna, Italy
    >
    >Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright in the forest of the night,
    >what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?
    >Opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of my employer

    MARCO VICECONTI, PhD (viceconti@tecno.ior.it)
    Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica tel. 39-051-6366865
    Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli fax. 39-051-6366863
    via di barbiano 1/10, 40136 - Bologna, Italy

    Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright in the forest of the night,
    what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?
    Please consider posting your message to the Biomch-L Web-based
    Discussion Forum: http://movement-analysis.com/biomch_l