Anterior Cruciate Ligament

  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament

    A cross post of a cross post. Please contact the
    source of the posting with information.
    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 09:45:31 +0100
    Sender: MEDNETS Medical Telecommunications Networks

    From: Andreas Wildberger
    Subject: Specific information about "menisci and the lca"
    Hello!
    A week ago, a friend of mine who is a M.D. called and asked me how to get
    information about a very specific medical subject on the Net. Since I don't
    work at all in this field, I told him to write a short message about what
    he is looking for, which I would then forward to some medical discussion
    lists. I am sorry if the list in which I am posting this note does not at
    all discuss problems like the one described below, but please forward it to
    any list or person who might be able to help. Thanks a lot!
    Andreas Wildberger

    Here is the message:

    My name is Harald Boszotta M.D. and at the moment I'm doing research on

    "The connection or functional unit of the posterior horn of the lateral
    menisci and the anterior cruciate ligament".

    I have made the experience that in over 90% of acute tears of the lca
    concommitant lesions of the lateral menisci are found. To my knowledge this
    subject has not been fully investigated in the common literature
    (anatomical as well as orthopedic).

    Do YOU know any literature or anatomical studies in this context? I would
    appreciate any hints about abstracts, ongoing research, unpublished working
    papers, personal contacts (addresses).
    Thank you for answering to my friend Andreas
    (wildberg@nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at) who will give the information to me!

    Harald Boszotta

    Andreas Wildberger, Assistant to the President
    University of Economics and Business Administration,
    A-1090 Vienna, Austria Phone +43 (1) 31336-4328, Fax 31336-777
    Internet: wildberg@nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at
    Andreas.Wildberger@wu-wien.ac.at