No announcement yet.

Post-Doctoral Fellowship - University of Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post-Doctoral Fellowship - University of Michigan

    Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Motor Control and Rehabilitation
    University of Michigan

    A two-year post-doctoral fellowship funded through a T-32 NIH training
    program is immediately available for research focused on sensorimotor
    control and rehabilitation in the Division of Kinesiology and the
    Dept. of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of
    Michigan. Current research involves upper limb and hand coordination
    in adults with cerebral palsy and the effectiveness of internet-based
    sensorimotor training to improve function. Opportunities exist to
    explore related motor control areas including somatosensory ability in
    older adults and individuals with impaired sensorimotor performance. A
    strong desire to develop an independent line of research is

    Interested candidates must have been awarded a PhD within the past 4
    years and be able to provide evidence of strong writing skills,
    including a peer-reviewed publication record in the field of motor
    control, biomechanics, bioengineering and/or neurorehabilitation.
    Experience with 3-D motion capture systems and related software skills
    essential. Programming skills and experience with neuroimaging
    techniques desirable but not necessary. Candidates must be highly
    motivated, be able to work independently, and be willing to combine
    theoretical and clinical approaches in the study of motor performance
    and rehabilitation.

    Interested candidates should submit electronically a letter describing
    their research interests, curriculum vitae, copies of 1-2 relevant
    publications, and the names and addresses of two references to Susan
    H. Brown, PhD, Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan
    ( Review of applications will begin immediately.
    Note that this position is for U.S. citizens and permanent residents