Re: Innovative ideas for setting up a lab

  • Re: Innovative ideas for setting up a lab

    Hello Greg:

    Qualisys has a manual that is personalized to the group's environment as
    used for the facility planners to take to the architect. This manual
    presents and discusses that wide variety of issues that need to be addressed
    prior to a mocap system being unpacked:

    Such items include:

    Windows, lighting, and mirrors,
    in-ground force plates vs above ground raised flooring,
    non-conductive conduit, electrical codes and conduit,
    location of a lab for EMG signals,
    vibrations of walls, ceiling and location of HVAC relative to camera
    locations,
    type of flooring relative to the population to be served, Carpeting,
    concrete, floor tile with cement backing
    rail mounting of cameras vs hinged arms, vs fixed mounts vs tripods ...
    location of electrical outlets, wall switches and console panels
    Water, sink and storage of accessories, markers and equipment
    Height of ceiling relative to performances (One group had 14' ceiling and
    then the architect hung the HVAC's ventilation duct directly over the
    walkway not ideal)
    Patient Prep area relative to the lab
    Console/Tech area and other lab office space
    A lit sign saying "Testing in Process" outside the door ...
    Privacy curtains and doors
    Locked cabinets and furniture for waiting
    Wall paint - Glossy is nice but will it reflect?

    Once these facility issues are addressed then we can answer: type of
    cameras, location, mounts, because what we see are great labs in the design
    phase and then once everything is installed, there is the "cluster of black
    cables" from Force plates, cameras and EMG that need to be managed
    effectively. Wall, Ceiling and floor conduit gives that lab a finished
    look. I am glad we only have 1 cable to the computer to manage. If I can be
    of help let me know.

    Dan India

    Qualisys North America
    Daniel India, MS.,MBA VP Medical Sciences

    Tel 847/945-1411
    Cel 847/778-4949
    Fax 847-607-8713
    Dan.India@Qualisys.Com