    Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 12:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Peter J. Keir
    To: yarden@eng.tau.ac.il
    Subject: Re: tendon CSA

    Dear Orit,

    Sorry for the delay in getting you this information but I couldn't find the
    papers I had in mind -- I finally found them.

    The paper most applicable is

    Cutts, Alexander & Ker (1991) Ratios of cross-sectional areas of muscles and
    their tendons in a healthy human forearm. J. Anatomy 176: 133-137.

    This paper is based on measurements of a 20 year old male, so N = 1 but they do
    report tendon CSA's for all extrinsic finger musculature and wrist flexors/ext-
    ensors.

    Alexander's group at the University of Leeds have done a lot of tendon work ,
    a lot of it with animals, though.

    Peter Keir (pjkeir@healthy.uwaterloo.ca)
    Ph.D. Candidate
    Dept. of Kinesiology