Hello Bio-Netters,

I have heard, but never seen, about a class of goniometers that
look like small springs. I have been told that you can attach them
across a joint and measure roughly the motions in three planes across
that joint. Is this true or just an exageration of some simpler device?
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? If someone has, I would love to
know who makes them and any way i can contact them. I heard they came
from England. We are looking for a non-restrictive, simple device to
measure motions in the wrist of stroke patients. Any ideas would be
greatly apreciated.

Again as usual, if there is sufficient reponse I would be glad to post
all the information.

Thank you for your time,

Fabian E. Pollo, Ph.D.

Division of Restorative Neurology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas