letter from Olga! =)(Unverified)

  • letter from Olga! =)(Unverified)

    Keep this junk out of my mailbox!

    From micros.micros.com!sifon.cc.mcgill.ca!triples.math. mcgill.ca!owner-framers Fri Jul 21 19:23:43 1995
    From: romance ()
    Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 17:19:38 -0600
    To: framers@uunet.uu.net, info-vm@uunet.uu.net, Biomch-L@nic.surfnet.nl,
    eu20@a3.xs4all.nl, SLADE@a3.xs4all.nl
    MMDF-Warning: Unable to confirm address in preceding line at micros.micros.com
    Subject: letter from Olga! =) (Unverified)
    Sender: owner-framers@math.mcgill.ca

    Not to long ago, I posted a message re: meeting women of the former
    soviet union through romance ads.

    In August, Olga will travel to Moscow from her home in Kiev, Ukraine.
    In Moscow, Olga will have a much easier and cost efficient means to place
    your personal romance ad throughout Russia.

    Last week I received the following from Olga:

    "I have already sent your ad to the papers in such towns: Moscow,
    St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Kazan. At nearest future I will send your ad to the
    paper in some more 12 towns of Russia, where papers are published.
    Some times (in winter, spring & now) I placed your ad in other papers,
    but they are not most popular paper in Moscow and some large cities of Russia.
    Besides, I am continuing to place your ad in papers of Ukraine. I
    promise to place your ad in some other papers when I will come to Moscow in
    August. I am glad that you have received fairly many letters from Russian &
    Ukrainian girls and I think you will received some more ones and will find
    your ideal in my country soon.
    I thank you very much ones more for your kindness & your help.
    My best wishes,

    Olga"

    This isn't a scam - call it panhandling if you want. . . I sent her $40
    or $50 and I've received over 45 responses. Unlike placing romance ads in
    the U.S., women from the former USSR respond. Although one would guess the
    are doing so in the hopes of American citizenship, I haven't found it so.

    Olga lives in Kiev, Ukraine (population 3 million) and will travel to
    Moscow in August to visit her father. If you were to send a letter this
    week, she would receive it in time. The population of Moscow is 10 million
    -- (3 times the size of Los Angeles.)

    Feel free to send a letter and ask her your questions. She will be happy
    to respond.

    Olga's address:

    Ukraine
    Kiev 253121
    Dekabristov Street 5 - 178
    Olga Kozmina

    I am posting anonymously because of the flames and volume of inquiries
    that would result otherwise. I think those who are truely interested will
    take the time to write.
    To: probable flamer
    Subject: polite note

    Although Olga has never seen a newsgroup nor heard of "net-etiquette,"
    she believes that offering lonely singles the possibility of romance exceeds
    the cost of angering those who feel the net shouldn't be used in this fashion.
    IHA (I humbly ask) that you not flame the postmaster of this site.

    peace. . .