Re: PSYPHY: Chaos vs stability in health

    On 23 Feb 1996, Rob Kall wrote:

    > stability. Was it possible to reconcile these two ideas-- to reinforce
    > increased stability as well as increased chaos. It seems there is real
    > promise
    > in pursuing both of these ideas. Perhaps we're talking about
    > different control
    > systems, different learning perspectives.
    > Any ideas, thoughts, observations?
    >
    > Rob Kall
    > 3171 Rail Ave Trevose PA 19053, 215-364-4445, fax 215-364-4447
    > Smile@CIS.CompuServe.com
    > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SMILE/
    Yes, Rob.

    BOTH! are necessary. Here is why.

    The following is available by FTP:
    Note: this is Unix system which is case sensitive.

    ftp.tmn.com
    login: anonymous
    password: (your email address)
    cd Chaos-Complexity
    ls
    get BlueBlue-OpponentProcessing.txt
    bye
    Abstract:

    The correlational opponent-processing theory is a neuro homeostasis
    integration psychological immune theory that would connect phenomena
    such as sensation, perception, movement, habituation, memory,
    representations, learning, cognition, personality, psychopathology,
    paradoxical integration, emotion, and evolution of the mind under a
    unified theory.

    Perception/learning/cognition may be viewed as an effort to assimilate
    and accommodate all experience into neuro-energy-efficient
    eigenfunction equivalence or quasi-holographic correlational opponent-
    processing recordings.

    Stimuli causes brain wave modulations which interact with carrier or
    reference wavelets. This interaction creates a quasi-holographic
    stimulus wavelet. The opponent-process creates an opposing quasi-
    holographic memory wavelet. Through this process the correlations or
    associations of experience are encoded to memory. Every wavelet,
    regardless of source or type, triggers an opposing wavelet. The
    function of the opposing wavelet or feedback is to diminish the
    intensity of neural processing. A wavelet potential is stored or hard
    wired as long-term potentiation opponent-processes in nerve cells and
    the interconnections between nerve cells. The wavelets are quasi-
    holographic and allow recovery of information due to the interaction of
    reference carrier wavelets and stimuli, thought, motor movement, and
    emotional arousal.

    Outline:
    Discussion
    Neuro Net
    Quasi-holographic wavelets
    Habituation/immunization
    Memory
    Representations, copies or models
    Learning/Cognition
    Personality
    Sensations and Perceptions
    Movement
    Emotion
    Evolution
    Tools
    Implications
    Conclusion and applications from COP theory
    Discorrelation
    Education
    Biophysical
    Intelligence