    Date: Fri, 24 May 91 09:40:17 CDT
    Sender: MEDNETS Medical Telecommunications Networks

    From: mwitten@CERBERUS.CHPC.UTEXAS.EDU
    Subject: REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

    Dear Reader:

    I am writing this note to sollicit reprints/preprints for a book that I
    am writing. The book is called Frankenstein In The Machine (Pergamon
    Press). It is aimed at being a comprehensive study of the role of
    high performance computing in medicine/biology/dentistry/allied health
    sciences. The book is in its final stages of organization. I am trying
    to make the book relatively comprehensive. I am looking for the following
    items:

    (1) Color pictures/black and white graphics (slides/prints) of actual
    results. Some areas are
    -medical imaging
    -molecular visualization
    -simulation visualization
    -microscopy
    -medical visualization
    but are not limited to these areas. I will make copies of anything
    sent to me and gladly return it to you. In addition, I will
    acknowledge all figures used in the book. If you send pictures, please
    include appropriate citation/legend

    (2) Copies of reprints/preprints in the area of computational medicine,
    dentistry, veterinary medicine, and allied health sciences. Areas
    include, not exclusively,
    -computational physiology and metabolism
    -computational pharmacology, pharmacodynamics, drug design
    -computational chemistry
    -demography, epidemiology, and statistics/biostatistics
    -disease modeling
    -cell biology
    -radiology
    -surgery
    -cardiology
    ==> -renal function, brain modeling, neurophysiology, bone modeling
    ==> joint modeling
    -issues in teaching

    (3)Names and addresses of individuals working in areas related to the
    above and who might be interested in contributing to it.

    I am trying to make this as complete a book as possible and do not
    wish to commit the faux pas of forgetting someone, if at all possible.
    Please feel free to circulate copies of this note, to repost copies of
    this note, and to discuss the book with others. I am setting an end
    of July 1991 target for receipt of materials. However, I am willing to
    be flexible if necessary. If you are interested in being kept informed
    about this project, please also let me know.

    My contact information is below. Please feel free to contact me if you
    have any further questions.

    Matthew Witten, Ph.D.
    Director, Applications Research & Development
    Associate Director,
    UT System Center For High Performance Computing
    Balcones Research Center, 1.154 CMS
    10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758-4497 USA

    Phone: (512) 471-2472 FAX: (512) 471-2445/2449

    E-MAIL MWITTEN@HERMES.CHPC.UTEXAS.EDU
    or
    MWITTEN@UTCHPC.BITNET