Re: Measuring back strength w/out cheating

  • Re: Measuring back strength w/out cheating

    In a message dated 5/26/99 7:52:58 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
    scolby@TSRH.ORG writes:

    > erforming the exercises, but we need instantaneous feedback while the
    > patient is still in the lab. If we collect the EMG data, we have to go
    > through the process of reducing it and then make a decision on whether the
    > subject was using their other muscles too much. So we are looking for
    > something that will tell us right away whether or not the subjects are
    > cheating when they are performing the test. Any ideas on this matter or
    any
    > literature that anyone could point me to would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    Scott you may want to try SEMG (surface EMG). That should give you the
    instant feedback you are looking for. Good luck.

    Mark Hyland, OTR/L, CHT
    Director of Rehab
    Strength Training, Inc.
    Phoenix, AZ