Stereoliths ...

  • Stereoliths ...

    > Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 11:02:22 +1000
    > From: man msgs
    > Subject: Help with housing high speed video system
    >
    > Dear subscribers,
    >
    > We have recently purchased a ( ... ) 3D system and have a dilemma
    > facing us. We are not sure of the best way to house this monolith.
    > There are two conflicting views here:
    >
    > 1. Make the system portable so that it can be used in a number of
    > locations including other labs, outdoors, etc.
    >
    > 2. House the system permanently in 1 location and thereby restrict
    > its use to experiments than can be run in what is known as the
    > biomechanics laboratory.

    I have seen many of such systems ported into and out of international
    Biomechanics conferences, so I think that (trans)portability can, indeed,
    be accomodated. Why not use a minivan with all the equipment (-: and use
    a smaller calibration object than I had the back-straining pleasure to
    man-handle during the Perth ISB-XIII meeting :-) ?

    hjw.