New Technology to Assess Muscle Effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Technology to Assess Muscle Effort

The ability to non-invasively assess voluntary muscle effort has wide application in physiologic studies, sports and rehabilitation medicine, as well as movement science. Traditionally, surface electromyography (sEMG) has been used for such assessment. But sEMG has several significant limitations arising from the fact that an estimate of muscle mechanical effort is being obtained from an electrical potential measurement made at the skin surface.

And VMG, which is a form of mechanomyography, overcome the limitations associated with using sEMG recordings to evaluate muscle effort.

Check out our white paper to find out the new technology to assess muscle effort
    http://www.sonostics.com/vmg-bps-ii-white-paper/

Re: New Technology to Assess Muscle Effort

Good afternoon,

You would probably generate more discussion on this topic if the white paper weren't hidden behind what could easily be an email harvester intended to generate mailing lists for spam. That's why I didn't read it anyway.

Regards,

Dan

Comment

I have to agree with Dan here. One of the aspects of the moderated Biomch-L email list was that commercial messages could be carefully vetted by the moderators. Perhaps this forum needs a separate commercial thread - those who want to read items there will know what they are getting and advertisers would agree not to post in non-commercial sections.

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'd like to upload the white paper but there is a limitated size for the attachment. So I can't upload it directly. I will post the white paper in the future. I really like to generate more discussion on this topic. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Drew, I agree that this was not really a serious attempt at a scientific discussion but a blatant attempt at advertising. On the LISTSERV this would certainly not have been approved.

We don't really want to go back to a fully moderated forum, where nothing is posted until approved. But we can still moderate postings after being posted, they can be moved or deleted or edited.

A "Commercial Products and Services" forum was already planned, and I will do that sooner rather than later.

Biomch-L members can then decide whether or not to subscribe to notifications from that forum (as with any of the other forums).

When a commercial post appears in one of the other forums, I will simply move it to the commercial forum.

I will leave this thread intact for now, so this conversation stays on the record.

Ton van den Bogert
          Biomch-L co-moderator

Comment

Drew, I agree that this was not really a serious attempt at a scientific discussion but a blatant attempt at advertising. On the LISTSERV this would certainly not have been approved.

We don't really want to go back to a fully moderated forum, where nothing is posted until approved. But we can still moderate postings after being posted, they can be moved or deleted or edited.

A "Commercial Products and Services" forum was already planned, and I will do that sooner rather than later.

Biomch-L members can then decide whether or not to subscribe to notifications from that forum (as with any of the other forums).

When a commercial post appears in one of the other forums, I will simply move it to the commercial forum.

I will leave this thread intact for now, so this conversation stays on the record.

Ton van den Bogert
            Biomch-L co-moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Jingyi Zhou...
              Check out our white paper to find out the new technology to assess muscle effort
              [URL="http://www.sonostics.com/vmg-bps-ii-white-paper/"
              http://www.sonostics.com/vmg-bps-ii-white-paper/[/URL]
              If anyone wants more info on this method, there's some basic info here:

http://www.biopac.com/Manuals/app_pd...te%20paper.pdf

Tanya

Comment

Working...
              X