Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caveats with converting from quicktime to avi

Hi all,

We recently purchased a high speed video camera and Dartfish software. Our initial intent for this equipment is for classroom use within our undergraduate program. Now that the equipment has arrived, I have discovered that the video camera uses the quicktime format, which is not compatible with Dartfish as I understand it. Since our initial intent is for classroom use, I'm not concerned about converting the quicktime format to an avi format. However, if we were to use the equipment for research purposes, what would be the potential problems with converting from one format to another?

Thanks,
    Chad

Re: Caveats with converting from quicktime to avi

Dear Dr. Chad,

you can try to use the M2Convert software to convert mov files in avi files.
    I have the commercial version of this software, and I can make a test - could you send a small file for my e-mail?
    Best regards,

Wagner de Godoy
    Gait Laboratory - Brazil

Comment

I recently had a similar issue, and converted all the Quicktime files using this free converter: http://www.squared5.com/. It supports batch processing and was quick, efficient and easy to use, and I had exactly no problems with it at all; everything converted to .avi and MaxTraq was happy. I'd recommend it.

-andrew

Comment

Dear Wagner,

Thanks for the info. Currently, I'm away from the office and the previously described equipment. So, I won't be able to send you a video file. I'll download the trial version of the software you've recommended and try it out.

Thanks again,
        Chad

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try when I get back into the office.

Chad

Comment

Working...
          X