Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biomech Engineering + Athletics Graduate Programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biomech Engineering + Athletics Graduate Programs?

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to pursue a master's or PhD in...something. I love orthopaedics/biomechanics, and sport is a huge part of my life, so I'm hoping to do my research in an area that integrates orthopaedic engineering and athletics/injuries. Does anyone out there know of any schools that are particularly geared towards this (rather specific) sort of research? Thanks in advance for the info! Background: my undergrad is in (mechanical) Engineering Physics (with lots of bio electives), and I'm an avid and experienced triathlete. Citizenship: US/Canadian.

Re: Biomech Engineering + Athletics Graduate Programs?

Barry,
    My M.S. augmented my undergrad so I did not look for a program that specified in engineering. I now work in Product Development. It all depends on what you want to do. You might consider a Prosthetics certificate. Also look at working with the professors connected to Rehab Institute of Chicago. They are doing some amazing orthopaedic research and most have joint appointments at either Northwestern or UIC. Again, it all depends on what you want to do post graduation.

Scott

Comment

Working...
    X