Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• von Tscharner's Wavelet Analysis

Hi All,

I am working through von Tscharner's article "Intensity analysis in time-frequency space of surface myoelectric signals by wavelets of specified resolution", Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology Volume 10, Issue 6, December 2000, Pages 433-445

I am struggling to see understand what the frequency space number range was. The first equation on page 436 uses a combination of the 'frequency space', the centre frequency and scaling factor.

The centre frequency is straight forwards and its easy to calculate and compare results to those in table 1, the scale factor is clearly stated as being 0.3.

However, I can't figure out what value(s) I should be using for 'f' or what the resulting F(symbol) would equate to in table 1 - would this be the band-width Hz?

If anyone can shed any light on this it will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Dan

Hi Dan,
    You should reach out to Vinzenz directly. I'm sure he'd be happy to clarify. I think he still has access to his old email address: tvvon@ucalgary.ca. If not send me an email: wbedward@ucalgary.ca and I can connect you both.
    Best,
    Brent

Comment

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the advice, I'll try Vinzenz directly and see if I get a response.

Thanks again
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X