NSRL Researcher I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSRL Researcher I

As our NIKE Sport Research Lab (NSRL) Researcher I, you will participate in the execution of specific scientific research agendas (both applied and basic research) aimed at delivering proven performance insights. You will help develop new procedures and methods to perform product performance research that leads to technologically innovative footwear, apparel, and equipment products that are globally relevant.
    You'll also serve as a participant in the Product Creation Process, interacting with Senior Researchers and Product Developers (both inline and innovation staff) in all phases of research to provide a holistic evaluation of innovation concepts. You'll participate in the development of new tools and research equipment. You'll become a resident expert for biomechanical research tools used by the Nike Sport Research Lab staff. In addition, you'll give lab tours, and demonstrate Nike's commitment to product performance research through attendance and/or presentations at scientific meetings, clinics and conferences and publications in scientific journals.

Qualifications

Requirements for the position include:
    MSc or PhD in Biomechanics, or related field including Kinesiology, Human Factors, Engineering, or Ergonomics
    Footwear experience a plus
    Must possess a thorough understanding of anatomy, biomechanical principles, experimental designs and statistical procedures
    Demonstrated understanding of sport performance & injury mechanisms
    Exposure to industrial research experience preferred
    Experience with the tools used to collect biomechanical data
    Experience with programming (Matlab, Labview) is a plus
    Knowledge of footwear and equipment product creation processes is a plus
    Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
    Creative Scientist ability to apply scientific insights to performance product
    Good communication and people skills
    Experience working with test subjects

Up to 10% travel
Working...
X