Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctoral or Post-Doctoral Study in Infant Development and Pediatric Rehabilitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctoral or Post-Doctoral Study in Infant Development and Pediatric Rehabilitation

The Ohio State University, School of Health and Rehabilitation Science, Division of Physical Therapy anticipates having two or more funded positions available to start Winter/Spring 2016 to study dose-response of rehabilitation in infants and toddlers with motor disability.

Positions will be for either doctoral student(s) or post-doctoral fellow(s). Doctoral students can pursue degrees through the PhD program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences http://medicine.osu.edu/hrs/phd/Pages/index.aspx

Post-doctoral applicants should have a PhD in rehabilitation/health science, kinesiology, biomechanics, psychology, or related field; strong background in typical and/or atypical child development, quantitative and qualitative methodologies; experience in pediatric assessment and rehabilitation research; familiarity with child measurement, such as motor and cognitive function and play skills; ability to conduct research studies with infants and families; ability to gather data with infants and families, perform statistical analysis, and contribute to peer-reviewed manuscripts. Experience with RedCAP, Datavyu, and physical therapy content knowledge preferred but not required.

If you are interested in learning more about, or applying for these positions, please e-mail the following to Dr. Jill Heathcock (jill.heathcock@osumc.edu): a letter of interest, a detailed CV (with list of publications), and names of three individuals who can be contacted for references. For students interested in Doctoral study, please also send GRE and TOEFL scores (if applicable).

Re: Doctoral or Post-Doctoral Study in Infant Development and Pediatric Rehabilitatio

Dear Dr. Heathcock,

I am writing this note to express my interest in pursuing a post-doctoral research position under your guidance.

I am a fourth year PhD (Rehabilitation Science) student at the Munroe Meyer Institute of Genetics and Rehabilitation, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha. I currently hold a position of Graduate Research Assistant at Motion Analysis Lab under the direction of my mentors, Drs. Reggie Harbourne and Max Kurz. I have experience working with infants with typical development as well as neuromotor disabilities and also possess the skill sets required for this position.

I have sent you email with my CV and the letter of interest in November and also a follow up email this month.
    I would appreciate your time in reviewing my CV.
    I look forward to continue a dialogue with you.
    Thank you,

Swati Surkar
    PhD (Rehabilitation Science) candidate
    University of Nebraska Medical Center
    Omaha
    Originally posted by jheathcock75 View Post
    The Ohio State University, School of Health and Rehabilitation Science, Division of Physical Therapy anticipates having two or more funded positions available to start Winter/Spring 2016 to study dose-response of rehabilitation in infants and toddlers with motor disability.

Positions will be for either doctoral student(s) or post-doctoral fellow(s). Doctoral students can pursue degrees through the PhD program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences http://medicine.osu.edu/hrs/phd/Pages/index.aspx

Post-doctoral applicants should have a PhD in rehabilitation/health science, kinesiology, biomechanics, psychology, or related field; strong background in typical and/or atypical child development, quantitative and qualitative methodologies; experience in pediatric assessment and rehabilitation research; familiarity with child measurement, such as motor and cognitive function and play skills; ability to conduct research studies with infants and families; ability to gather data with infants and families, perform statistical analysis, and contribute to peer-reviewed manuscripts. Experience with RedCAP, Datavyu, and physical therapy content knowledge preferred but not required.

If you are interested in learning more about, or applying for these positions, please e-mail the following to Dr. Jill Heathcock (jill.heathcock@osumc.edu): a letter of interest, a detailed CV (with list of publications), and names of three individuals who can be contacted for references. For students interested in Doctoral study, please also send GRE and TOEFL scores (if applicable).

Comment

Working...
    X