Multiple junior- and senior-level faculty positions at Univ of Alabama, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple junior- and senior-level faculty positions at Univ of Alabama, USA

I am re-posting this for a colleague at the University of Alabama (Dept of Mechanical Engineering). Please do not reply to me about this as I will not have any answers for you.

=============================
    Position Summary:
    The department of mechanical engineering (me.eng. ua.edu) at The University of Alabama invites qualifiedcandidates for multiple tenure-track or tenured faculty positions at the assistant, associate or full professor ranks. Exceptional candidates with specializations relevant to convergent and emerging areas of mechanical engineering in two broad tracks of thermofluids science and mechanical and manufacturing systems will be considered. Under the thermofluids science track, particular attention will be given to candidates with research interests in cyber- physical energy systems and sustainable energy as well as environment and carbon mitigation. Under the mechanical and manufacturing systems track, candidates with expertise in human biomechanics, human movement and human-technology frontier applications, as well as advanced manufacturing and modeling and control of complex cyber-physical systems will be given serious consideration. The department has established a strong track record and strengths in these areas as evidenced by the fast rise in the number of faculty, externally-funded research and collaboration with major industrial companies.

Applicants must have a doctorate in mechanicalengineering or a closely related field by the date ofappointment. Industrial experience is desirable, and collaboration with other departments in the College is expected. Applicants must show the potential to establish an independent quality research program, collaborate effectively with other faculty and excel in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. For consideration at the associate or full professor levels, applicants must demonstrate strong records in external funding, publication and a doctoral students graduation rate commensurate with this level of appointment.

Application Submission Process:
    For the associate and full professor position, applicants should apply at facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/44103. For the assistant professor position, applicants should apply at facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/44038. Required application documents include a letter of application, a detailed CV, statements of research and teaching interests and a list of at least three professional references.
    Inquiries about the position or additional information should be addressed to Dr. Nader Jalili, professor and department head, via njalili@ua.edu or calling (205) 348- 1645. Review of applications will begin Dec. 1, 2018, and will continue until the positions are filled.

=============================

Working...
X