Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postdoctoral Position at University of Michigan: Musculoskeletal Modeling, Aging, Muscle Fatigue, Gait Biomechanics and Energetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postdoctoral Position at University of Michigan: Musculoskeletal Modeling, Aging, Muscle Fatigue, Gait Biomechanics and Energetics

The Locomotion Research Laboratory at the University of Michigan seeks a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on an NIH-funded project focused on age-related muscle weakness and fatigue, and associated changes in gait patterns and the metabolic cost of walking. This position primarily involves musculoskeletal modeling, computer simulation, optimization, and other numerical techniques. The postdoctoral researcher will work collaboratively with Prof. Brian Umberger, other members of the Locomotion Research Laboratory, and colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Amherst who are conducting a complementary experimental study. The overall goal of the project is to generate a new framework for understanding the neuromechanical basis for fatigability in older adults, providing a strong foundation for targeted interventions to prevent or reverse the effects of muscle fatigue on mobility.

Required Qualifications
    • Ph.D. in biomechanics, engineering, movement science, kinesiology, or a related discipline.
    • Experience with musculoskeletal modeling and computer simulation of human movement, including relevant computer programming experience.
    • Experience working with and analyzing human biomechanics and physiological data associated with motion capture, force platforms, electromyography, and metabolic measurements.
    • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team setting.
    Desired Qualifications
    • A record of peer-reviewed publications and experience preparing grant proposals.
    • Experience managing large, complex projects.
    • Experience mentoring junior scholars (e.g., undergraduate students, new graduate students) in a research environment.
    • Experience with and interest in outreach and diversity activities.
    See full details and submit applications via the University of Michigan careers website:
    https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail...esearch_fellow

Please direct questions about the position to:

Dr. Brian Umberger
    Professor of Movement Science
    School of Kinesiology
    University of Michigan
    email: umberger@umich.edu
    https://locomotion.kines.umich.edu

Dear Professor Brian,

While applying for the post through career portal of University of Michigan, I didn't find option to upload my cover letter, contact info of references and copies of publication. I could only upload my CV.

Could you please guide me?

Regards,
    Bhrigu K Lahkar
    PhD, Biomechanics

Comment

Dear Bhrigu,

Thanks for your question. The materials are supposed to be summitted as a single PDF file, but it appears there is a file size limit that has created problems for some people. The jobs website has been changed to permit sending the complete application (cover letter, CV, and reprints) as a single PDF file to me via email.

Best regards,
      Brian

Comment

Working...
      X