Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay-at-home Biomechanics Lab

All,

Given the current situation with most students required to stay at home, it might be difficult to fully allow for Biomechanics education. I've had some success utilizing an Android-based application to encourage some of my undergraduate students to complete a simple accelerometer/gait lab using their own smartphones. If anyone else is interested in doing something similar with their students, you are free to try out the attached lab that I have uploaded here.

For full disclosure, the app was written by me and normally costs $3 to allow for saving of the raw data to a tab-delimited file, which can then be analyzed in your favored program (Excel, MATLAB, Python, etc). As I don't want to be cost prohibitive or make this an advertisement, you are free to let your students redeem a promo code for this saving functionality here:
    https://www.play-code.xyz/ShowPromot...5-a68e1091939a

Finally, if others have ideas for additional Stay-at-home labs that can be done by students, I would love to hear them.
    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Vipul
    Attached Files

Vipul,

Thank you for sharing your idea. I'm sure that it will be applied in biomechanical undergrad labs.

Krystyna Gielo-Perczak

Comment

Working...
    X