Folks,

One of the larger studies looking at foot length is

Antrhopometry of the Foot and Lower Leg of U.S.Army Soldiers: Fort Jackson, SC
1985
by K. Parham, C. Gordon, and C. Bensel
Sept. 1992 Final Report

In this study, they examined 293 male soldiers and 574 (only 491 used in
analysis) female soldiers. 50th percentile male foot length was 26.98 cm and
50th female was 24.38 cm. Mean male foot length was 26.96 cm (SD = 1.37 cm)
and female foot length was 24.38 cm (SD =1.30 cm).

Hope this helps the discussion.

Jeff Crandall

Pedro de Oliveira wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have a database which includes measurements for the foot length of male
> and female candidates between the ages of 10 and 14 from most parts of the
> world from 14 researchers. According to my database, the average length of
> 24.4cm (as given in the post from Danik Lafond ) is the same as for a 13
> year old male.
>
> If this is the quoted length for an average person (50th percentile) then it
> seems to be short in relation to the data that I have. Of course this
> depends on where (demographically) the data was collected. It may be of
> course be that the quoted length is not for a 50th %ile but for another
> percentile...
>
> Pedro de Oliveira
> Birmingham Automotive Safety Centre
> The University of Birmingham