Hi Wanda,

I ended up following a very similar plan to what you lay out. Got a BS in bioengineering with strong foundation in medical devices, but relatively weak in biomechanics. I felt like BE ended up being kind of a jack of all trades major and I didn't feel specialized in any one thing and struggled to find some direction. Worked in orthopedics research for 8 years and finally figured out I wanted to work in human performance/wearables like yourself. I'm now finishing up a master's in kinesiology and feel I have a much stronger focus. I would look for programs that

1) Leverage technology in their curriculum. Motion capture, IMUs, wearables, etc.
2) Have a faculty member that has an engineering background.

Having a faculty member that you can talk to about the technical side of developing technologies as well as other faculty/students that can fill you in on what's clinically relevant will help you become more well rounded as you move into the human performance arena. You'll be able to talk with both sides and be able to pursue your own interests when you want. I was only looking to stay local so I can't offer much in terms of what programs around the world you should look into.

Best of luck,

Adam Bunn
M.S. Candidate, Kinesiology - Applied Movement Science, 2018
San Diego State University